Depending on who you ask, the Hamsa may mean different things. But its symbology means very different things to Hindus and Buddhists. For Hindus and Buddhists, it symbolizes the interplay of the chakras, the energy flow in the body, the five senses, and the mudras that effect them.
Each finger has its own energy:
- Thumb- Fire element, solar plexus chakra.
- Forefinger- Air element, the heart chakra.
- Middle Finger- Ethereal elements, throat chakra.
- Ring Finger- Earth element, root chakra.
- Pinkie Finger- Water element, sacral chakra.